Every brand style guide has a central brand theme from which all other parts expand. This central theme is a consistent program of visual and verbal identity which is essential to drive not just brand recognition, but brand preference. The logo and style guidelines help unify the brands communications and make them a clear, strong, consistent message at all touch points.
Some of the typically items included in a brand style guide are as follows:
• Brand Philosophy, Positioning, Story, Values, Promise etc.
• Brand Colour Palette
• Brand Fonts & Typographic Hierarchies
• Brand Logo Size, Position & Clearance
• Grid Systems
• Brand Design Theme
• Brand Packaging Design & Application
• Paper & Print Specifications
• Brand Online Usage, Design, Deployment & Application
• Brand Vehicle Livery Design & Application
• Brand Collateral Design & Application
• Brand Exhibition Stand Design & Application
• Brand Advertising Design, Application & Deployment
• Web Application
• Key Brand Text Messages & Descriptors
• Photography and/or Illustration Style, Composition etc.
• Brand Application Checklist